2024 Board's Notice of Election - Volunteers Wanted
The Québec Golf Federation (Golf Québec) is currently seeking volunteers to serve on its Board of Directors in 2024.
The Role of the Board of Directors
The members of our Board of Directors are all volunteers. The active participation of everyone is requested during the meetings which take place mainly at the Maison du Loisir et du Sport in Montréal. There are about ten regular meetings per year. Half are held by web conference, in the late afternoon, on weekdays. The other half are conducted in person. Board members also participate in the Annual General Meeting.
With their collective expertise and skills, they play a governance role to ensure the Federation's sustainability and the achievement of its strategic objectives. In particular, they adopt the budget estimates and financial statements, ensure the efficiency and integrity of our processes, and oversee the activities of the Executive Director and committees.
Sought After Profiles
• Member in good standing in a Golf Québec member club (must be 18+)
• Interest in the governance of organizations
• Interest in the strategic vision of not-for-profit organizations
• Good listening and collaboration skills
• Professionalism, commitment
Some Competencies Would Be Considered Assets
• Partnership development
• Regional or diversity representation
Three (3) Step Nomination Process
- RECRUITING PERIOD | Individuals interested in joining the Golf Québec Board of Directors as of February 2024 will need to fill out a volunteer application form from October 9 to November 1, 2023.
- CANDIDACY FILE | After verification, eligible candidates will be contacted to complete their file. They will have to fill in a competency chart as well as a declaration of interests before November 10, 2023.
- SELECTION AND SCREENING | In December, the Nominating Committee will finalize its analysis in order to present its recommendations for 2024. At that time, a background check will be conducted as required by the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur (MEES). This process should be completed before December 8, 2023.
We wish to thank in advance all those who wish to volunteer and support the development of golf in Québec!
Good luck to all!